Friday 31 March 2017

Ed Sheeran Admits He & Taylor Swift ‘Take It A Bit Too Far’ When It Comes To Success Because They Were Once The Underdogs

Ed Sheeran

is here to win it all!

The 25-year-old produces hit after hit (whether he’s singing on the track or not), and he’s revealing his master plan for taking over the music industry in his March feature of British GQ!

Related: Ed’s Castle On The Hill‘s Video!

The Shape Of You singer says he isn’t worried about copycats imitating his work, because he’s confident in his ability to come out on top:

“There are a lot of singer-songwriters around now. I’m not the first but there are more than before. I’m very happy for everyone to be in the same race as me, even if they copy every single thing I’ve done. In a 100m sprint to get a No1 album I just know I’m going to win. I don’t care who’s doing what. I just know I’m going to win. I’m going to make sure I come first.”

With that said, there’s one person the songwriter is coming for… Adele:

“Adele is the one person who’s sold more records than me in the past ten years. She’s the only person I need to sell more records than. That’s a big fucking feat because her last album sold 20 million. But if I don’t set her as the benchmark then I’m selling myself short. I’m not in competition [creatively] because we all sit in our own lanes, but once the creative product is out there is a race to the finish line.”

But what about his bestie Taylor Swift??

Explaining his similarities to the 27-year-old pop star, Sheeran shares:

“There’s an underdog element to it. Taylor was never the popular kid in school. I was never the popular kid in school. Then you get to the point when you become the most popular kid in school and we both take it a bit too far. She wants to be the biggest female artist in the world and I want to be the biggest male artist in the world. It also comes from always being told that you can’t do something and being like, Fuck you. I can.'”

They certainly aren’t the underdogs anymore!!

Related: Ed Is A TERRIBLE Date!

P.S. Ed has a big eff you to whoever has made fun of his red hair:

“There’s always a stigma with ginger people, and I was definitely considered unattractive when I was younger, but now I’m on the fucking cover of GQ!”

Snap snap!

[Image via British GQ/ATP/WENN.]

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/

The post Ed Sheeran Admits He & Taylor Swift ‘Take It A Bit Too Far’ When It Comes To Success Because They Were Once The Underdogs appeared first on CelebrityVirals.com.



source http://www.celebrityvirals.com/ed-sheeran-admits-he-taylor-swift-take-it-a-bit-too-far-when-it-comes-to-success-because-they-were-once-the-underdogs-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment